Lenovo announced the launch of its dedicated gaming brand – ‘Legion’, in India. The company has announced two new Legion powerful gaming laptops, the Legion Y520 and Y720 designed for casual and performance gamers who are on-the-go.
The new laptops allow greater gaming experience and are powered by VR, Dolby sound, optional backlit keyboards, FHD IPS resolution and optimized cooling. Both the laptops are equipped with up to 7th Gen Intel Core i7 CPU and the latest NVIDIA discrete graphics cards.
Bhaskar Choudhuri, Marketing Director, Lenovo India said, “We are extremely excited to bring the Legion brand to our fast-growing community of Indian gamers. Gaming continues to be our strategic focus area and the new brand further enhances the Y series portfolio in India.The new Lenovo Legion laptops address every gamer’s demand for a superior and immersive experience with VR and outstanding audio capabilities.”
Commenting on the launch, Hari Kumar, Director – Electronic Devices, said, “As the undisputed one-stop-shop for all gamers in the country, we have consolidated the entire gaming offering across price points and specifications from laptops, desktops, consoles, accessories to DVDs under one roof and are seeing a consistent increase in sales from this category. We are happy to partner with Lenovo to exclusively launch its new gaming sub-brand, Legion, in India and are certain that these state-of-the-art gaming laptops will find great appeal with our customers who are not just gaming enthusiasts but also mainstream gamers.”
“Students who form a huge part of our customer base in this category are increasingly adopting gaming laptops more than the regular laptops. Hence, Flipkart’s affordable consumer financing options such as No Cost EMI & Product Exchange, combined with our wide reach across the country will be a winning combination for student gaming enthusiasts all over the country to get their hands on the best quality gaming laptops and accessories.” added Hari.
The Legion Y720 is designed for portability seekers. The machine is crafted with an aluminum-brushed body and weighs less than 2.5kgs. The device allows gamers to custom tune audio with the 2 x 2W Harman speakers and Dolby Audio Premium. The Legion Y520 laptop has an optional red backlit keyboard that provides 1.7 mm of key travel so that one can work during night time and comes with up to 128GB of PCIe SSD storage and 1TB of HDD storage.
Legion Y720 with Virtual Reality
The Legion Y720 features a metal cover design with Dolby Atmos on board. The PC is running on Windows OS with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics and is an Oculus certified VR-ready machine. It comes with Thunderbolt 3 and some high-end ports.
The Legion Y720 features an FHD IPS anti-glare display, RGB backlit keyboard and an option to integrate Xbox One Wireless receiver, which can support up to four controllers simultaneously for gaming with friends.
- Lenovo Nerve Sense for effortless customization: Gamers can customize settings such as audio, active keys, cooling, and network priority. Lenovo Nerve Sense allows them to record highlights for replaying or uploading to streaming sites.
- Cooling: The devices have been designed with an optimized thermal engineering to combat heat at high temperatures. The fans and vents are strategically engineered close to the graphics card and processors to keep the hot air moving through the rear-placed thermal vents. The Extreme Cooling shortcut within Lenovo Nerve Sense can be used for gaming firefights that require an additional push of cooling.
- Accessories and Packaging: Gamers get a Y gaming armoured backpack to enjoy mobile gaming wherever they go. The Y gaming optical mouse and Y gaming stereo headset are also available at an additional cost.
- Additional 2 year onsite warranty worth INR 4990/- at just INR 999/-; EMI offers at zero cost
- Exchange offers on Flipkart and thedostore.com: Flat exchange offer of INR 20,000 on pre-booking on Flipkart
Lenovo Legion Y520 & Y720 is available on Flipkart and www.thedostore.com at INR 92,490/- and INR 149,990/- respectively, prebookings have already begun.