Nikon recently completed a milestone of 10 years’ presence in India and today the company has launched the D7500 DSLR camera. Nikon’s newest DX-format D-SLR that combines performance of class-leading D-SLR photography with outstanding agility and operability, creating endless possibilities for core photography enthusiasts and those on a quest to perfect their craft.
The D7500 features updated Nikon’s DX-format 20.9-megapixel CMOS sensor, vibrant 4K UHD video support and is equipped with a high-performance EXPEED 5 image-processing engine. The new Nikon DX-format sensor also has a native ISO range of 100 to 51200 to provide minimal noise in low-light scenarios.
Further, it comes with improved Autofocus (AF), Auto Exposure (AE), and auto white balance performance, delivered by the 180K-pixel RGB sensor and 51-point AF System. The latest D-SLR also seizes the picture-perfect moments with a high-speed continuous capture of up to 50 shots with each burst of approximately 8 frames-per-second (14-bit RAW images with lossless compression applied).
Kazuo Ninomiya, Managing Director, Nikon India Pvt. Ltd. said, “We are excited to launch the latest in the renowned D7000 series, the Nikon D7500 for our esteemed customers. At Nikon, we have always strived to offer the latest in camera technology to photographers and video enthusiasts, and this device bears testimony to that commitment. The new and advanced Nikon D7500 is built on the DNA of the best DX-format flagship camera, with the same high-performance EXPEED 5 image-processing engine. With significant improvement to its predecessor in build quality and performance, the camera will let photographers capture some breath-taking shots to preserve their precious moments.”
“Nikon D7500 has the combination of 4K UHD video recording finesse and outstanding capabilities for low-light captures coupled with subject acquisition for seamlessly capturing still images. All this is packed in an enhanced camera body to provide a refined photography experience. We want photographers to have infinite possibilities for capturing flawless images, and we are confident that Nikon D7500 will let them achieve those magnificent shots,” said Sajjan Kumar, Sr. Vice President – Corporate Sales and Strategy, Nikon India.
The D7500 is also equipped with SnapBridge, built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi is also made available.
D7500 Primary Features:
- 4K video recording: The camera support upto 4K UHD video in 2160/30p format for both regular and time-lapse formats.
Users looking to record longer videos and produce short films are able to simultaneously record files on external HDMI-compatible devices as uncompressed data, and the D-SLR’s own memory card. Sharing and viewing of videos on smart devices is also made more seamless with the option to write files in MP4/AAC format.
- Image quality: With the new D7500, photographers are able to push their cameras to the limit in challenging shooting environments. Go out to the deserts, explore the vast tropical forests and its flora and fauna, and capture images of vibrant true-to-life colours, thanks to the updated Nikon DX-format 20.9-megapixel CMOS sensor and a high-performance EXPEED 5 image-processing engine. High-definition image quality with minimised noise, even in low-light environments, is maintained with an ISO range up to 512001.
To aid photographers experimenting with new aesthetic styles, the camera automatically recognises and analyses each shooting scene and adjusts accordingly when the new Auto Picture Control option is selected. When this option is enabled, the D-SLR intelligently determines the optimal colour adjustment by fine-tuning the tone curve, colour and sharpness, within the camera, delivering consistency across multiple images taken with continuous shooting. This allows for softer skin depiction in timeless portraits and an enhanced contrast for vibrant landscapes.
The Nikon D7500 also incorporates flicker reduction for still images which reduces exposure variations under flickering light sources.
- Sports photography: The tracking and capture of subjects in movement has also been made easier with an array of new features that ensure speed and precision. A 51-point AF system and high-speed continuous shooting at up to approximately 8fps help to ensure those spontaneous action moments of a marathon or a surfer’s wave, are never missed. For photographers looking for greater freedom and creative control, the D7500 has the ability to shoot up to 50 shots in 14-bit lossless compressed RAW, with extended buffer capacity. This speed is accompanied by a 180K-pixel RGB sensor, also found in the D500, which supports an Advanced Scene Recognition System for improved face detection performance for auto-area AF and enhanced subject acquisition performance for group-area AF and 3D tracking. To prevent blown-out highlights, the new option for highlight-weighted metering6 is also available.
- Processes made easy: Expanded multiple exposure options and in-camera RAW processing options are now available as new features. Individual images and composition or partially overlaid images that make up a multiple exposure shot can be previewed while shooting, with the option to save all or selected images to be combined on a computer after shooting. The enhanced multiple exposure also simplifies the image creation process by providing the option to delete or retake the last image.
Photographers can also process multiple RAW files in batches with the additional ability to apply settings, such as white balance and Picture Control during shooting in RAW, to processing parameters. This can be done by selecting the “original” setting from the menu.
Providing ambient lighting to a scene, be it in portrait shoots or wedding parties, controlling lighting seamlessly is made convenient with the WR-R10 Wireless Remote Controller and SB-5000 Speedlight for radio-controlled or simply with the conventional optical-controlled options.
A new touch-operated, slim-tilting monitor for framing and photography styles has also been introduced. Through an intuitive touch-controlled user interface, photographers can conveniently configure settings, scroll through images, and control autofocus during shooting along with a whole range of touch-enabled features.
- Connectivity: The camera is equipped with support for SnapBridge, photographers are able to remain connected to their smart devices. Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enable the continuous transfer of images and video files to a paired smart device via the SnapBridge mobile application for on-the-go social sharing. SnapBridge also provides a suite of additional functions, such as remote shooting, automatic update of camera’s time and location information, embedding of credit information, reception of firmware updates as well as automatic uploads and cloud storage on NIKON IMAGE SPACE.
1. The range of supported ISO sensitivities can be extended to Lo 1 (ISO 50 equivalent) and up to Hi 5 (ISO 1640000 equivalent)
2. When a 16-GB SanDisk SDHC UHS-I memory card (SDSDXPA-016G-J35) is used, and an ISO sensitivity setting of ISO 100 is applied. More or fewer shots may be possible depending upon shooting conditions and/or camera setting
3. When using continuous-servo AF, manual or shutter-priority auto exposure, a shutter speed of 1/250s or faster, and other settings at default values
4. SnapBridge can be used with a compatible iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or smart devices running the Android operating system with the SnapBridge app installed. The app can be downloaded free from Apple App Store and Google Play. The camera cannot be directly paired with a smart device using Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi can be used by enabling it after the camera has been paired with the smart device using Bluetooth
5. Maximum recording time in 4K UHD is approximately 29 minutes 59 seconds
6. When CPU lens is attached, centre-weighted metering is used
7. Measured in accordance with CIPA standards including the battery and SD memory card, excluding body cap
8. Images (JPEG) reduced to 2-megapixel equivalent can be transferred automatically. RAW/TIFF data cannot be transferred. Movies can be transferred by switching to Wi-Fi
9. Android 5.0 or later or 6.0.1 or later is required. A device with Bluetooth 4.0 or later (i.e. a device that supports Bluetooth Low Energy) is necessary. iOS 8.4 or later or iOS 9.1 or later is required. iPhone 5 or later, fourth-generation iPad with Bluetooth 4.0 or later (i.e. a device that supports Bluetooth Low Energy) is necessary. There is no guarantee that this app will run on all Android devices. Movie transfers are only possible with smart devices that support Wi-Fi
10. To upload images automatically to NIKON IMAGE SPACE, Nikon ID registration (free) is required, which can be easily setup via [Nikon ID registration/change] menu on the SnapBridge application. Only when uploading to NIKON IMAGE SPACE via SnapBridge, JPEG data reduced to 2-megapixel equivalent can be uploaded unlimitedly in number and capacity
The Nikon D7500 will be available from June 2017 onwards.
- D7500 body only: 96,950 INR
- D7500 with AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR lens: 115,450
For more information on the D7500, and other Nikon products: click here