- Early last year, Qualcomm announced it will be producing a new version of Snapdragon chipset customized for drones. The company has now released a video showing capabilities of a drone running on a Snapdragon chipset. The shows a drone mapping out 3D spaces with built-in sensors and avoiding obstacles on its own. The company states that its processor will bring down the cost of drones, improve the battery life and make advanced features available.
- Last year in November Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella introduced Microsoft Surface Pro 4 at the “Future Unleashed 2015” event held in Mumbai. It was to be officially launched in January 2016, though the exact date wasn’t revealed. Now the company has sent out invites for the launch of Surface Pro 4 scheduled on 7th January. Microsoft Surface Pro 4 comes with a bigger, 12.3-inch display running Windows 10, a 6th Generation Intel Core i5, or i7 mobile processor, 8MP rear camera and a 5MP front camera with facial recognition camera technology and a separately sold Windows Hello and fingerprint enabled Type Cover.
- HP is gearing up to launch its first Windows 10-powered smartphone soon, claims a report. The company may introduce the handset during the “Mobile World Congress 2016” that comes with 5.8-inch QHD display, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 chipset, 2 Gigs of RAM, 64 Gigs in-built storage, 20 megapixel rear camera and a whopping 12 megapixel front camera.
- Chinese smartphone maker Lenovo is all set to launch its new handset K4 Note in India on 5th January. The company revealed that its new device will be equipped with 3 gigs of RAM, NFC connectivity and a fingerprint sensor, placed on its rear side. The new images teased by the manufacturer also highlights that K4 Note has a metal body.
- Another company will be introducing first of its devices in India on 5th January. LeTV is gearing up to launch its LeMax handset with mid-segment pricing. The manufacturer states that it has customised its devices according to the needs of the Indian users.
- Expanding the television line-up, Chinese firm Xiaomi has launched Mi TV 3 with a 4K display. The 70-inch television will soon be available in China, featuring a 4K display from SHARP and 178-degree viewing angle. The TV comes at a price of 10,000 Chinese yuan which translates to about 1 Lac Rupees.
- Microsoft sues Corel Corporation and Corel Inc. over a design patent infringement. The company had filed a case in court against Corel on December 18th stating that Corel Home Office, software for creating documents, is infringing several patents owned by Microsoft. The complaint states that Corel has copied the look and feel of the Microsoft Office interfaces in its accused products.
- Twitter has decided to bring back Politwoops, a network of sites dedicated to archiving deleted, regrettable tweets from politicians. Politwoops was discontinued last summer and faced huge criticism from rights groups arguing for the necessity of political transparency. The social networking giant in a blog post said “Today we’re pleased to announce that we have come to an agreement with The Sunlight Foundation and The Open State Foundation around Politwoops.”
- Lava has launched a new Android tablet in its Ivory series, the Ivory M4 at Nine thousand two hundred and ninety nine rupees. It flaunts an 8-inch HD display with a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels and runs on Android Lollipop 5.1. The new tablet is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek SoC MT8321, coupled with a Mali-400 MP2 GPU and 2gigs of DDR3 RAM.
// Payoye, a unified payment platform, unveils the IOS version of their app
// Games The Shop has announced the pre-order bonus on the next upcoming blockbuster games of 2016. Customers who will pre-order any PS4 or Xbox One games will save 500.
// Paytm, Jugnoo join hands to help Delhi embrace Odd/Even rule
// APNA CABS Announces Dual Voice Communication System with panic button for the Kaali Peeli Taxis
// Clover Infotech Successfully Wraps 2015 with Modern Cloud Solutions for Indian Enterprises
// COAI lauds the Jharkhand Communication Towers and Related Structures Policy
// Pepperfry.com introduces the Nexo Knight. An innovative range of solid wood tables with in-built wireless charging pad .
// nexGTV ropes in Saavn Interactive’s ex-CEO Abhesh Verma
// Intex launches Cloud Champ at Rs. 3,999
// Swipe F-Band fitness cum daily routine monitor launched at Rs. 1,499
// OnePlus X Champagne Edition is now available in India at Rs. 16999