Nikon D7100 DSLR Review
Nikon D7100 DSLR Camera
Price in India: 79450
• CMOS sensor
• Absence of low-pass filter
• Presence of dual SD card slots
• Lack of Wi-Fi built-in
• Fixed screen
• Only HDR mode for JPEG
Capitalizing on their innovative approach, Nikon has presented a new DSLR camera, D7100. The Nikon D7100 DSLR Review suggests that it is an enhanced version of its former model the Nikon D7000. With excellent photography results and comfortable design, photography lovers will surely fall in love with this gadget. It has got some advanced control functions too
The latest from Nikon features a good build quality than its predecessor, D7000. It is packed with weather sealing that helps in using it in a broader manner as compared to its previous model. The new Nikon D7100 is inherited with the Multi-Cam 3500DX AF module with 51 AF points, the central 15 of them being cross-type. This helps in enhancing both speed and accuracy of the AF system.
Being the fifth DSLR in Nikon's lineup, Nikon D7100 has an AF system that is sensitive down to f/8. This DSLR camera has been integrated with a TFT display of 3.2 inches and 1229k-dot resolution. The newbie from Nikon is embedded with Eye-level pentaprism single-reflex viewfinder and has a moisture-sealed magnesium alloy body.
The latest entrant from Nikon comes with an effective 24.1 megapixels and provides an image resolution of 6000 x 4000 pixels. It is loaded with DX-format image sensor and enables full 1080p HD video with full-time autofocus and built-in stereo mic. It has an ISO range of 100 to 6400, which is smaller as compared to D7000. Powered by EXPEED 3 image-processor, the Nikon D7100 Performance is superb.
There is no image stabilization feature and it digitally compensates for camcorder shake so videos appear steady. It is integrated with a high-speed USB interface and HDMI video outputs, which allows the camera to be connected to a TV for viewing images. It also comes with features like face detection and burst mode.
The file formats supported by this DSLR include JPEG, NEF (RAW), NEF (RAW)+JPEG for still photography and MOV (Image data: H.264/MPEG-4 advanced video coding, Audio: Linear PCM) for video.
Being a trustworthy brand, Nikon ensures that their cameras are endowed with all the immaculate features, which helps in garnering a huge number of consumers. Similarly, D7100 is also blessed with some convincing features, which a user will find quite eye-catching. The Features of Nikon DSLR D7100 are cited below:
- Built-in or external stereo microphone
- EN-EL15 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- CMOS imaging sensor type
- 23.5mm x 15.6mm imaging sensor size
- ViewNX2 CD-ROM software
- Low-Light/High Sensitivity
- Max ISO up to 12801 and above
The Nikon D7100 Review tells that this camera is good for both experienced and entry-level users. Users can explore and enhance their photographic skills with this new DSLR. With a bundle of new functions and features, you will have wonderful experience with this gadget. Nikon D7100 Price in India is placed at INR 79,450 approximately. This DSLR has got great utility and can be used for varied occasions like official meetings, wedding ceremonies, press events and family get-togethers.
- TypeCamera TypeHDLSR
- PixelsCamera Pixels24.1
- LensAuto FocusYesTypeSingle-lens reflexFocal Lenght35 mmSensor Type23.5 x 15.6 mm CMOS sensor
- Flash ModeRange1/250 and 1/320 sBuilt in FlashAuto, portrait, child, close up, night portrait, party/indoor, pet portrait, color sketch: Auto flash with auto pop-up P, S, A, M, food: Manual pop-up with button releaseFlash ModesAuto, auto with red-eye reduction, auto slow sync, auto slow sync with red-eye reduction, fill-flash, red-eye reduction, slow sync, slow sync with red-eye reduction, rear-curtain with slow sync, rear-curtain sync, off; Auto FP High-Speed Sync supported
- Shutter SpeedRange1/8000 - 30 s in steps of 1/3 or 1/2 EV, bulb, time, X250
- DisplayScreen Size3.2-inches"LCD Display TypeYesResolution1229k-dot
- ISO RatingRating100 to 6400
- MemoryUpgradable MemoryYesMemory Card TypeSD (Secure Digital) and UHS-I compliant SDHC and SDXC memory cards
- Imaging ProcessorProcessorEXPEED 3 image-processor
- BodyDimensions135.5 x 106.5 x 76 mmWeight765 g gm
- OthersBattery TypeEN-EL15 Rechargeable Li-ion BatteryFeaturesfull-time auto-focus, manual exposure control during recording, a built-in stereo mic and an external stereo mic jack, headphone and HDMI jacks